A high protein diet benefits not just the athletes and bodybuilders but people all around the world. We have understood how a rich protein diet is eminent for the body and has several benefits. To understand it better, to learn about how safe it is, and to know how much amount of protein you should intake still is a confusion for a lot of people.
Here we have enlisted 6 of the high protein diet benefits your body receives.
1. Muscle development:
High intake of protein with weightlifting helps in building muscles. When a body is practicing weight lifting, the muscles are constantly breaking and rebuilding thus protein intake helps in making lean muscles strong and thick over time.
Amino acids released by a high protein diet lose weight while you are just sitting without exercising too.
2. Reduced Calorie intake:
High Protein diet benefits you with lesser calorie intake as protein enriched food items tend to make you feel more filling. The lesser calories you intake in a day, the more weight you will be able to manage. Throw in a little extra exercise and you will accomplish your weight loss goals faster.
3. Increase in everyday calorie burning:
More protein is harder for the body than carbs or fats to digest. A high protein diet benefits from consuming more energy from the body to digest proteins. This breaks down more and more calories even if you work out less.
4. Gain more strength out of training:
A High Protein diet benefits you with increased strength in training. This happens as a protein intake of protein in the body develops a combination of quicker recovery from training and extra muscle development.
5. Strong tendons, lesser injuries:
A High Protein diet benefits your body with a rich supply of protein that will make your tendons stronger. This will help your body from getting injured less and even if there is an injury, it will recover faster than the usual.
6. Improved Sleep patterns:
A High Protein diet benefits in better sleep patterns. It is discovered in several studies that an obese person who suffers from disturbed sleeping patterns will be benefited from a higher intake of protein in the body. If there is still a little trouble, include a limited number of carbs in the diet too.
Is a high protein safe for weight loss?
The question arises in the mind of everyone who is starting with their diet wondering if a high protein diet loses weight and if it is safe or not? To clarify the confusion let us tell you, most healthy people are not harmed in any way by a high protein diet lose weight.
If the diet is taken on for a shorter period of time, it is only going to benefit you. A high protein diet loses weight by making you feel fuller.
However, a protein-based diet demands a complete cut of carbs from your body. A long term span of no or less carb consumption is understudies right now. There are several health problems associated with a rich protein diet if carried on for a long term period.
- Some high protein works with a complete cut out of carbohydrates from the diet. This can often result in deficiencies in the body of fibers and nutrients. The deficiency then can cause headaches, bad breath, and constipation.
- Protein has various sources and some high protein diets lose weight by consuming foods like full-fat flooded dairy products and red meat. The extra consumption of fats from the products can have a direct impact on the heart, increasing the chances of heart diseases.
- If a person is suffering from a kidney disease already, a high protein diet can impact it further. A high protein diet needs more energy indigestion, and removing waste from protein metabolism is difficult too. This creates extra pressure on the kidney which can cause an increase in the risk.
If you wish to go for a high protein diet, it is very important to make the right choice with your protein source. Include beans, fish, nuts, soy protein, lean beef, poultry without the skin, low-fat dairy products, and pork. Make sure you avoid all kinds of processed meat.