There’s no place like home. While that statement sounds pretty cheesy, it is actually very true.
Because we all have a lot more free time than we think we do and this spare time can be used to accomplish a lot of different tasks which help us increase our health and fitness.
It is not just about how many hours you sleep or work out at the gym, but also how you spend your day-to-day life that directly impacts your ability to build muscle or lose fat.
Did you know?
You cannot build muscles in the gym. You break them.
Muscles grow when you rest and repair them after a workout.
And by following these 9 tips, you can build muscle and lose fat in no time without breaking much of a sweat.
Let’s check them out.
1. Drink Plenty of Water and Avoid Sugary Drinks
I know you’ve been told to drink water all your life, but let me tell you why it’s important.
Water is the vehicle for many of our body’s functions. We need the right amount of water in our bodies to deliver nutrients to cells and remove toxins that can lead to disease.
Cells are made up mostly of water (75%) and blood is about 90% water, so this is truly an essential nutrient for us humans.
Sugary drinks like soda contain large amounts of sugar which aren’t good for the body at all – it will make you fat and sick if consumed on a regular basis.
Avoid these types of drinks as much as possible because there are healthier alternatives available everywhere you go!
Alternatives to sugary drinks
- Drink unsweetened iced tea (my personal favourite).
- Drink non-dairy milk like soy milk or almond milk.
- Drink smoothies made up of milk, fruit, and vegetables.
- Drink coconut water (great for rehydration).
- Drink buttermilk, which was traditionally used as a muscle-building drink by the ancient Greeks.
Buttermilk is high in protein, which helps your body create strong muscles, skin, and bones.
2. Get Plenty of Fiber and Protein For Breakfast
This is a little trick that will help you lose weight and build muscle at the same time. Here’s how:
Eat a high-protein breakfast every morning around 30 minutes after waking up for best results. What does this mean? Well, you’ll want to eat foods that are rich in proteins such as eggs, fish, chicken breast, etc. You can even add whey protein powder to your smoothie if you so desire!
Not only will this keep hunger pangs at bay for longer, but it will also make you feel full and help you lose weight through a process called thermogenesis which basically means that your body will burn more calories to digest the food you’ve just eaten.
Fiber is another important macronutrient that can be found in cereal, fruits, and vegetables – your body needs this nutrient to function properly as well because it binds waste for faster removal from the colon.
Whole grains are also great sources of fiber so try to eat these types of foods as much as possible! Here’s a quick tip: Add some Greek yogurt to your breakfast cereal or oatmeal, sprinkle some berries on top and enjoy!
Natural Sources of Fiber
- Fruits: oranges, apples, strawberries, etc.
- Vegetables: asparagus, artichokes, spinach, etc.
- Legumes: peas, beans, etc.
- Nuts: almonds, peanuts, etc.
Sources of Protein
- Meat: lean cuts of beef, pork, lamb, etc.
- Game meat: elk, pheasant, venison, etc.
- Fish: halibut, tuna, salmon, etc.
- Poultry: turkey breast, chicken breast, etc.
- Eggs: whole eggs or egg whites
3. Eat Low-Calorie and High Nutrition Foods
Eat foods that are low in calories but high in essential vitamins and minerals.
Good examples would be fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, etc. These types of foods contain essential nutrients such as fiber, protein, and healthy fats which will help you lose weight and stay healthy at the same time.
If you’re on a calorie-restricted diet, you’ll definitely want to eat foods that satisfy your daily calorie intake. Foods like these are generally lower in calories and help slim down your body because they have a low energy density – this means that the amount of calories per unit weight is low.
If you are not getting enough calories in your diet, your body will go into “starvation mode” and slow down the metabolism. This means that you’ll burn fewer calories at rest and make it more difficult for you to lose weight.
Also, if you are not getting various healthy nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and fiber in your diet, your body’s ability to function properly will be impaired.
If your food is not diversified and you need help, then you may consider taking a daily multivitamins supplement.
People who are physically active not only have a lower chance of getting obesity-related diseases but they
Here’s a quick tip: eat foods that can fill you up without adding on the pounds! This means foods with a high water content such as fruits and vegetables, soups without cream, etc.
Foods that are Lowest in Calories
- Chicken breasts
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and other cruciferous veggies.
- Quinoa (an ancient grain that’s packed with protein)
- Wholemeal pasta (watch your portion sizes though!)
- Salad greens: iceberg, romaine, etc.
- Sweet potatoes
- Strawberries etc.
4. Get Enough Sleep Every Night for Best Results
Your body goes through a lot every day; you work, you exercise, maybe even take care of the kids. You deserve to sleep well at night!
Why is sleep so important?
Well, it basically helps your muscles recover after all that hard work and it makes sure that any excess glucose (sugar) in your body gets burned off instead of being stored as fat cells.
So make sure you get enough shut-eye every night by extending your bedtime by an hour or two if you have to; you’ll feel more energized, leaner, and healthier!
Sleep Deprivation is serious and people die because of lack of sleep.
Here’s a quick tip: try some yoga exercises before you sleep for even more benefits!
5. Take Breaks During the Day to Move Your Body
You don’t have to spend hours in the gym every day to become fit.
Sometimes, even short periods of activity are enough for your body to experience the benefits of exercise.
- Try doing some squats while you’re waiting for the kettle to boil or walk up and down the stairs instead of using an elevator.
- If you work in an office, try walking up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator or taking a walk outside for lunch.
- You can also do some yoga stretches or exercises before you go to bed at night!
Here’s a quick tip: move more often because even if you’re working out, sitting too much can cancel out your efforts! Try taking short breaks every 30 minutes to do some stretches!
A combination of healthy eating and activity can give you the results that you’re looking for.
However, if you really want to see a change in your body then make sure that you get enough sleep at night and keep stress levels low.
If you follow these simple steps, it won’t be long until you see some results!
6. Avoid Sitting for Long Periods of Time if you Want to Lose Weight Fast
Sitting for long periods of time can also have negative effects on your body because it reduces blood flow.
If you’re sitting for a longer period of time, try to take breaks every 30 minutes or so and go do some jumping jacks or sit-ups!
Here’s a quick tip: if you work in an office, stand up and stretch every 30 minutes!
Inactivity can also lead to other health problems like diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
If you don’t like working out or can’t afford to go to the gym, don’t worry because you can also sit down and do some stretches or yoga!
All you need is a phone, internet plan, and YouTube.
Here is a video on YouTube about some very easy yoga exercises you can do from home.
7. Stretch every day to improve flexibility and reduce the risk of injury
As you get older, your muscles and joints will start to lose their flexibility. This is not a good thing because it can cause injury and reduce your overall performance at work or in the gym.
If you stretch every day then that will reduce the risk of injury as well as improve your overall health!
Here’s a quick tip: make stretching a regular part of your day. For example, you could stretch after you wake up or before you go to bed.
Benefits of Stretching Every Day
- Helps you maintain a healthy range of motion in your joints.
- Improves circulation throughout the body and increases levels of oxygen intake.
- Reduces stress and tension throughout the body by releasing chemicals that trigger relaxation.
- It also improves psychological well being because you will feel better about yourself
8. Track your calorie consumption
It’s important that you keep track of the number of calories that you’re consuming every day so that you can ensure you’re eating enough to maintain your body weight.
Here’s a quick tip: try using an app on your phone or computer to record this for you!
You should also eat regularly throughout the day because it reduces hunger cravings and keeps your metabolism active throughout the day.
In contrast, not eating regularly can slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain!
Benefits of Tracking Calories Every Day
- Tracking what you eat every day helps you adjust your diet if needed.
- You can track weight loss very easily and see what changes need to be made.
- It also makes it easier to maintain a balanced and healthy diet by keeping track of how many calories you’re consuming every day.
9. Avoid eating late at night if you want to lose weight
Eating late at night can cause weight gain because your body does most of the day’s calorie-burning while you’re sleeping.
Not only that, but it will also increase cravings for junk food throughout the night which can affect your weight loss goals!
If you want to lose weight faster then try eating your last meal of the day at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.
Here’s a quick tip: make sure that your dinner is healthy and balanced with protein, carbohydrates, and vegetables.
If you’re looking to lose weight quickly, then try these nine tips.
They are tried and true ways to drop the pounds fast without having to rely on fad diets or pills!
And remember that if you want to lose weight even faster, combine these tips with a healthy diet and regular exercise!
The good news is that these tips will help you lose weight no matter how busy your schedule is because they’re really easy to do.
So start losing weight today and share this article with a friend who could use a little motivation!
Vikas Solanki is a 15-year industry veteran and award-winning restaurateur, entrepreneur, cryptocurrency trader, and internet marketer.
On BestinIndia.com, he passionately blogs about food, fitness, technology, and lifestyle.